A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the face and neck.
Now similar results can be obtained in many of the patients with lasers, botox, fillers, Radiofrequency devices.
Ageing changes are :
• Relaxation of the skin of the face causing sagging
• Deepening of the fold lines between the nose and corner of the mouth
• Fat that has fallen or has disappeared
• Loose skin and excess fat of the neck that can appear as a double chin or “turkey neck”
• The loss of youthful contours in the face can be due to variety of factors, including thinning of the skin, loss of facial fat, gravity, sun damage, smoking, as well as heredity and stress.
• Other procedures that might be performed in conjunction with a facelift are brow lift and eyelid surgery to rejuvenate aging eyes. Fat transfer or fillers may be suggested to replace the lost fatty volume. Skin treatments such as IPL, dermabrasion, peels or laser may be offered to improve the quality and texture of the skin.