Liposuction is one of the most popular cosmetic procedure performed in many countries.
Liposuction is Surgical aspiration of fat from the subcutaneous plane thereby creating a more desirable body contour.
Abnormally distributed fat bulges, or the fat which is distributed outside the confines of the ideal body shape are the target areas of Liposuction.
- It is a Body reshaping procedure and not a treatment for Obesity.
- Patient selection and careful planning is important to achieve aesthetically pleasing results.
- Body areas treatable by Liposuction are Trunk ( abdomen, back, flanks ),chest, breasts, buttocks, thighs, legs, arm, face, neck.
- Proceedure is done under local or general anaesthesia.
- It is a safe procedure , if performed by a board certified & trained Plastic surgeon.
- Post operatively advised to wear compression garment to reduce edema, bruise, seroma collections.